Friday, May 3, 2013

An Altered Project, A Mixed Media Canvas and a Layout...

Hi, Lisa here with 3 different projects for my May Blue Fern Studios Blog Post. To show you versatility using the wonderful Blue Fern Studios chip board, I give you an altered box, a mixed media canvas and a layout. With National Scrapbooking Day coming upon us this weekend, I was inspired to stretch my creativity. And here is what I came up with...


                                        The Button Box
 I aged the Vintage Lock by heat embossing it using a bronze embossing powder, and adhered it to the front flap on the box.
 I used a silver embossing powder on the scissors to give it an aged worn look, and while the melted powder was still wet, I wiped it off a little to make it appear as if the silver plate was flaking off.

 I used the Doodle Corners on the corners of my button box, heat embossing them with the same bronze powder I used on the Vintage lock. I also heat embossed the buttons and spools and scattered them among the flowers. I wound floss around the spools and tied floss in the button holes.

                                                                 
                                                                       Miss Tailor Set

                                                                       Vintage Locks
                                                                      Doodle Corners
                                                         
                                                      Mixed Media Canvas
 I used the Art Nouveau Frame for my 12 x 12 canvas. I white washed everything in Gesso, and used sprays and color mists on the chipboard pieces while they were still slightly damp. The color bleeds into the Gesso.

                                                                 Gabrielle Butterfly Set
                                                                   Art Nouveau Frame
                                                                       
                                                                      A Layout
 I cut the Damask Motif in half and used it to frame my photo for visual interest. I used crackle paint on the piece and sprayed a color mist after it dried.

 The beauty of Blue Fern Studios chip board is that it withstands just about any medium and holds up Really Really well. There isn't anything I wont try on it.

 The butterfly was base coated with Gesso and then sprayed with 2 different colors while it was still wet.

                                                                      Damask Motif
                                                                Gabrielle Butterfly Set
Thank you for joining me today for my May BFS Blog Post. I hope you pick up some pieces and start working on your own creative projects. Then hit us up and show us what you did!! We would love to see it! And don't forget our Sketch Challenge this month!! The sketch is really beautiful!!


4 comments:

  1. Lisa, your projects are sensational! Gorgeous use of color..wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness - I love seeing your soft work - so delicate and amazing each and every time but your box is a total knock outta the park. wowowwow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whooo these are WONDERFUL Lisa! that box is a killer, so so gorgeous! and your projects, adore the soft prettyness of them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superlative design. Awesome technique. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete