Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Special Moments- By Keren Tamir



 Keren here and its my turn again to showcase my work on the Blue Fern Studios blog.
 I'm thrilled to feature the new Blue Fern Garden Collection today for you.


Capture the Moment


I really loved combining these two colours: green and pink. Its from the Picnic paper of the new Blue Fern Garden collection. 


I painted the beaded circles in matching colours using Shimmerz paints. Of course I first primed the chipboard with Gesso.


Products
Blue Fern Studios:
Blue Fern Garden- Picnic
Blue Fern Garden- Calling Cards
Capture the Moment title
Beaded Strings

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

Natural Beauty Tag


I created a tag with some of the leftover bits from the Calling Cards paper from the Blue Fern Garden collection. I even added a piece of Blue Fern Studios chipboard packaging.


I altered one of the Ever After Frames by covering it in crackle paste. Once dried (which dried clear) I painted it with Pink Shimmerz paint. The bird and the cage were primed with gesso and then inked with a chalk edger.


Blue Fern Studios Products:
Pacakging
Blue Fern Garden Calling Cards
Veranda cage set
Little Birds
Ever After Frame set

<<<<<<>>>>>>>

Finally I want to show you, in some more detail, my Layout for the monthly sketch challenge on the Blue Fern Blog.
I didn't use the Blue Fern Garden collection for it because my package came well after the sketch was revealed. 
I used very earthy colours for this layout and combined it with many different Blue Fern Studios chipboard pieces.


All Natural

The February sketch is very versatile.
I've rotated it 90 degrees to fit my design.


This is a picture of my daughter watching the ducks by the pond. I really wanted to give this layout an earthy natural feel. I used flowers, feathers and nature themed chipboard to create this look.


The Blue Fern Chipboards I used are: All Natural set, Little Birds set, Bordeaux layered frame, Shabby brick bits and Twiggy branch.


I altered the frame by painting it with butterscotch coloured acrylic paint and then stamping it with brown archival ink. The bricks, bird and branch I simply inked in brown fluid chalk and the title I left raw.


Blue Fern Studios Products
Bordeaux layerez frame
All Natural set
Little Birds
Captured Words
Shabby Brick bits
Twiggy Branch

Thank you so much for visiting the Blue Fern Studios blog today!!
I hope you get a chance to come and play with us with the the February sketch.
Have a wonderful day!!

Keren

4 comments:

  1. Wow... These projects are wonderful!
    I loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, especially love the "All Natural" Layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sigh and swoon !!! such a sensational piece of arty delight. your work is so inspiring, love and hugz x

    ReplyDelete