Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January Projects by Ulrika Blomfelt

Hello!

I´m so happy to share my first work as a Blue Fern Studios designer with you all!


My name is Ulrika Blomfelt aka LillBlomman and I´m a swedish girl who loves all about scrapbooking! I started scrapbooking in April 2006. I live in a cute yellow house next to the woods and still close to our capital Stockholm. Here I live with my very loved hubbie our for a long time longed for son Viggo and a very cute but a bit crazy dog. I became a mother late in life and after that my scrapbooking ment even more for me! You will see lot of Viggo in my work because he´s the one I scrap most about. 

I love to create in all scrapbooking gengres! It´s too fun to just choose one of them. I love to pick out just the right color combination for a project and then continue my work. My style is a romantic mixed-media style but it can change from one project to another. I love to try new techniques and try to develop in my art all the time. I´m so proud to been asked to design for this company and thrilled to work with all amazing supplies. I´m looking forward to design with all the amazing and talented girls and spread the joy of crafting during 2015!
You are also very welcome to my personal blog at: www.lillblommanskapar.blogspot.com

I love making cards so I have two cards and two layouts to show you today.
For my card I used Sanctuary Bountiful and Sanctuary Calling Cards.

I painted the Natural Sprigs first in one shade of green and then I added a thin coat paint with glitter in it.

I used a lovely quote from Sanctuary Calling Cards paper inside of the Roman Clock set.

My next card looks totally different from the first but I actually used the same papers.

To create my sign I used the Damask Panel. First I painted it with Gesso. Then I added a rub-on sentiment. I also gave it a coat with Crackle Paint and light blue fluid chalk.

I painted Mini Flourishes with black acrylic paint and then I added a coat of Glossy accent.

For my layout about my boy and all his Christmas presents I used Sanctuary Botanical Garden and Meadows of Time.


For my Graduated Squares I wanted lots of texture. After Modeling Paste and Acrylic Paint I added some glass glitter.

This is my take on January sketch. I love to add gold to my work and here I mixed the gold with black and lilac.

As background I used Sanctuary Birdsong Melody. First I gave all my Chipboard pieces a coat of Gesso. On my Fancy Signage I used Gold Acrylic Paint and then I sprinkled over with Gold Rush Glass Glitter. On my Happy word Chipboard besides black Acrylic Paint I added Charcoal Art Sugar.

On my beautiful Butterflies I wanted lots of Gold flakes!

Hugs from Ulrika!

3 comments: