Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Mixing it Up ~ Sandi's December Projects!

Hello, Blue Fern visitors! 
Sandi here with you today sharing my 3 December projects.
It's so hard to grasp that 2015 is almost over! 

"Memories"

First up is a layout using the Vintage Christmas collection. I used a variety of papers as listed below and then built my background with super heavy gesso, a stencil and Imagine Ink mists in Persimmon, Cotton Candy and Leaf. 


My Clip Frame was treated with Cotton Candy mist and then heat embossed using both Petal and Poinsettia. The Berry Stem on the left was misted with Imagine Ink in Leaf and variegated with a random ink pad. The Blooming Foliage peeking from beneath the photo was treated the same. A few microbeads were added to both for more texture. 


The Garden Lattice Bits were misted with Cotton Candy and then randomly embossed with Petal and Poinsettia.  You can also see I've used a snippet of the Blooming Foliage tucked into my cluster. 


One last close-up

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Paper:
Vintage Christmas Deck the Halls
Vintage Christmas Magical
Vintage Christmas Greeting Cards

Chipboard:
Garden Lattice Bits
Clip Frames
Berry Stems
Blooming Foliage

Imagine Ink mist:
Cotton Candy
Persimmon
Leaf

Embossing Powder:
Poinsettia
Petal

***

"Dream"

I love scrapping with purple! And since I haven't had a lot of opportunity to use the DejaVu collection yet, I took this time to do so.
  (Love this early ingenue photo of Lucille Ball, 1930s. Photo credit to Tumblr, original photographer unknown.) 

The spectacular Circle Vine Frame seemed the perfect choice to add a little drama to my layout. It was coated with gesso, then misted with Imagine Ink in Jingle Bells. I did a little random embossing with a clear powder and then added in some purple with one of my gelatos. 


The Framington Medley was treated the same and used as a background layer. To emphasize my photo, I used color around the Circle Vine Frame and mixed in some microbeads as well. 


You can see some of my stamping in the background using the Garden Frolic stamp. 


I used more of the gelato color to create an ombre look on my Dream title. I finished the page with some random paint splattering. 

Paper:
DejaVu Lustre
DejaVu Tresors
DejaVu La Plume

Chipboard:
Framington Medley
Circle Vine Frame
Wish, Wonder, Dream

Stamps:
Garden Frolic

Imagine Mist:
Jingle Bells

***


"Merry"

Here I am again using the Vintage Christmas collection. I've tried to photograph this layout multiple times and cannot seem to capture it's true appearance. IRL, it is so sparkly and pretty! 
The background was treated with gesso and Imagine Ink in Winter Mint. 
This LO is based on the December sketch and is of one of my grandsons with a great-granddad, so sweet. 



The Holiday Frame was misted with our Leaf mist and then blinged up with our Lucky embossing Powder! The shine is gorgeous! I've tucked in some fussy cut flowers. 


The Wood Ornament was treated with Petal and Poinsettia embossing Powders. A bow and flower finish it off! 
I used one of the Halftone Stamps around the outer edge of my layout for depth and interest. 


I added some personal touches with cheesecloth, peals and flair. 

Blue Fern Studios Products used:
Paper:
 Vintage Christmas Wonderland
 Vintage Christmas Greeting Cards
 Vintage Christmas Deck the Halls
 Vintage Christmas Magical

Chipboard:
Wood Ornaments
Holiday Frame

 Embossing Powder:
Petal
Poinsettia 
Lucky

Mist:
Winter Mint
Leaf

Stamps:
Halftone

That wraps it up for December and for 2015! 
I am thrilled to be back with Blue Fern Studios again next year! 
See you then! 

2 comments:

  1. Each page is gorgeous Sandi! Although I have to say I love the one with grandpa reading to his grandson! I love your layering technique and the way you mask your pages!! You inspire me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi - your pages are so very gorgeous and I think my fav is your page with Lucille Ball!

    ReplyDelete