Tuesday, November 28, 2017

November Inspiration by Wendy Scholten

Hi All,
Hope you are enjoying November as much as i do although i must say i'm looking forwards to december. I just love that month with our little girls birthday and Christmas.
The sparkling lights, cozy inside with hot cocoa and off course the Christmas tree.
I have 3 layouts this month to share with you, from which one of them of course features the vintage Christmas collection.

So let's start with the first one:
Memories
It features an older collection, Timeless, but those papers are still gorgeous!
I started with some gesso to secure my paper and used a stencil with moddeling paste and 3 different colors of sprays to give my layout some more texture.
I placed a little piece of cardboard and paper behind my photo to give it some depth and embossed my chipboard pieces. The title Memories with Stormy skies embossing powder, the scalloped border with oatmeal embossing powder and Heidi's Emblem with Taupe Embossing powder.
I decided to give the Garden Florals a brown color with a spay to match my layout a bit more.
And made flower clusters with the Garden Florals, Wanderlust Lilies and Apricot Blooms.
Next i used some metal embellishments and pebbles to finsh my layout.
Blue fern Studios products used:

Paper:
-Timeless
Chipboard:
-Scalloped Border
-Heidi's Emblem
-Memories from the Chunky Word set
Flowers:
-Garden Florals
-Wanderlust Lilies
-Apricot Blooms
Embossing Powder:
-Stormy Skies
-Oatmeal

And now my next one:
Warm and Cozy
This one features the Vintage Christmas 2 collection. Are those Christmas papers gorgeous or what!
I used the backside of the Let it Snow paper and used some Gesso, moddeling paste and a snowflake stencil for my background, i also used 3 different shades of color spary and the Jingle Bells Stamp.
I love Lace number 8, it's so pretty so i had to use it on this layout.
The title Warm and Cozy was cut out of a framed winter word and i embossed it with Fern and antique gold embossing powder as well as the Snow medley chipboard.
I used some Garden Blooms and Homespun Blossoms for my flowers and finished my layout with glass and sweet pea seedlings.
Blue Fern studios products used:
Paper:
-Vintage Christmas: Let it snow
Chipboard:
-Framed Winter Words
-Sow Medley
Flowers:
-Garden Blooms
-Homespun Blossoms
Embossing powder:
-Fern
-Antique Gold
Stamp:
-Jingle Bells
Lace;
8
Seedlings:
-Glass
-Sweet Pea

And my last one this month features the Homespun Collection
Delightful

I used the Hospitality paper, and a placed a piece of the Crafty paper on top. To create some texture i used a doily and a stencil with moddeling paste.
I framed my photo with a piece of coordinated chipboard from the Homespun Collection.
For my chipboard pieces i used the title Delightful from the optimist word set which i embossed with Taupe embossing powder, The Classic Corners with Pink dust and the Mesh Bits with Snow embossing powder.
I finished my layout with Mauve and Wintergreen Seedlings and some flowers from my own stash.
Blue Fern Studios Products used:
Paper:
-Homespun: Hospitality and Crafty
Chipboard:
-Delightful from the optimist word set
-Classic Corners
-Mesh bits
Embossing powder:
-Snow
-Taupe
--Pink dust
Coordinated Chipboard
Seedlings:
-Mauve
-Wintergreen

Hope you enjoyed this inspiration and have a great week!
Hugs wendy





No comments:

Post a Comment