Monday, March 19, 2018

March inspirations by Jennifer Jacques

Hello Blue Fern Fans!!!

It's my turn today on the Blue Fern Studios blog and 
I'm glad to show you my three layouts for March.

 
For the first one, I've chosen to go with the latest collection, the lovely In the mood.  
"Attracted" was the paper I've chosen as my background.  I applied clear gesso, then permanent ink through a stencil and, finally, some stamping here and there.  
There is also a piece of "Blissful" paper (b-side) under my picture.



Above, you can see that I've placed my picture on a piece of chipboard, that I've had embossed with Oatmeal embossing powder.  Higher, you can also see the stamping with Grungy grid Stamp, one of my favorite.  Lace #4 is used in little parts, here and there, as an ornement by itself.


Did you know that pink is my favorite color?  I was so happy when I saw the collection, and look at this beautiful paper flower...  Pale pink, just like I adoooooore!!!  Came from Moody florals set.  Pieces of Lace #4 again, and Forest embossing powder on my chipboard leaves.  
Next, a complete picture of what I've done to my title.


I applied some heat and stick powder, than my Mocha glitters.  I fell in love.  Isn't it beautiful???
Again, you can partly see under my title the Grungy grid stamping but also some with a 
Texture circles ( I've chosed the script lettering one).

Some white gesso splattering, a little bit of sequins and that was it!

Blue Fern Studios products used on this layout:

Papers: Collection In the mood
-Attracted
-Blissful

Stamps
-Grungy grid
-Texture circles

Embossing Powder
-Oatmeal
-Forest

Glitter
-Mocha

Lace
-#4

Flowers
-Moody florals

********************************

Next, my favorite one!

Wanderlust collection this time.  Can't believe it was my first time with that beautiful collection.


Two papers were used as the background.  The upper part is Memento (b-side) and Ocean Voyage as the lower one.  The green part in the middle is Ocean voyage b-side.  Clear gesso and some sprays as watercoloring in some places to add some colors under my focal point.



Then, I've added some stamping with three differents stamps: Crackle textures (black ink), Swiss dots (light brown ink) and Tattered  newsprint (pale navy blue one).



Did you notice the lace under my picture?  It's the lovely Lace #12.  I  loved that one sooooo much that I've had almost finish what I have on hand loll.


I've cutted my title and then embossed it with the Taupe embossing powder.  Really love that color.  Like a browny-gold shimmery color... It's beautiful, really!


Above, between the layers of papers, I stuck some flowers that I've folded to make them more dimensional.  The white one in the left corner is from Christmas blooms set and the kaki-green one beside, is a yellow flower that I've misted to match the color of my layout and came from Fresh Florals.

Finally, some personnal touches like white gesso splatters, some flairs and some butterflies.

Blue Fern Studios products used on this layout:

Papers: Collection Wanderlust
-Memento (B-side)
-Ocean Voyage (and its B-Side)

Stamps
-Crackle textures
-Swiss dots
-Tattered newsprint

Embossing Powder
-Taupe

Lace
-#12

Flowers
-Christmas blooms (white one)
-Fresh florals (yellow one+ green spray)

**************************

Finally, the third one with Heartland collection!

Perfectly matches my picture, no???


 My background is the "Love blooms" paper (B-side) and I've placed some pieces of "Love notes" under the pictures.  It is all on a big piece of chipboard panel that I've embossed with the Snow embossing powder, then add some metallic blue paint that I've sanded after it was dry.  After that, I've done some stamping with the Grungy grid stamp and a black permanent ink.


I've stamped the weathered doilie twice on my background.  Just a black permanent ink.  
Love the distress look of that stamp.



As ornements, I've added many flowers on that layout.  The bold blue ones, and the whites with the pearls are from Heartland blooms.  Others are from my personal stash.


My title is also embossed but with the Ebony embossing powder.
Finally, I've added some die-cut leaves that I've made with the "Sweet on you" paper with my flowers clustering, some flairs and 
some white gesso splatters as usual.


Blue Fern Studios products used on this layout:

Papers: Collection Heartland
-Love Blooms (B-side)
-Love notes
-Sweet on you (used to cut my leaves)

Stamps
-Weathered doilie
-Grungy grid

Embossing Powder
-Snow
-Ebony

Flowers
-Heartland (bold blues and white with pearls)

Thank you for coming by!
See you in April xxx!















1 comment: